Skateboarding... Why Do So Many Get Hurt In This Fun Sports?. And it can't be because it's a dangerous Sports, since Gymnastics is just as dangerous, since Speed Racing will have you going to the Hospital as well. But reports show that close to 100,000 people require medical treatment each year due to skateboarding injuries. And those people are usually your kids, your neighbor kids and even your future son-in-law. So what it is about Skateboarding that so many end up getting injured?
WATCH VIDEO ABOUT SKATEBOARDING...Greatest Skateboarding Tricks: http://www.Jamesfreesports.com/
Well the first thing you would say would have to be that it's because of the difficult maneuvers and the gymnastics involved, as well as the jumping moves. And the end of result of that would be wrist and ankle injuries. Additionally, you must pay attention when shopping for a skateboard, you need to pay attention when the Sales Person asks You or your kid how much you weigh, since that is important when it comes to the weight rating of the board. Because f you weigh more than the suggested weight, you are more likely to fall when using this board, and brake your wrists, your ankles, or your entire arms and legs.
1. Skateboarding... Why Do So Many Get Hurt In This Fun Sports?. Another amazing fact when it comes to Skateboarding, is that: Of all the active skateboarders who participate in the United States of America, more than half live in the state of California, and that would be because the Sun shines on many days there, as well they have quite a few board walks.
2. Skateboarding is the sixth most popular sport on the planet in terms of total participants. And that is because you have so many kids who take up this fun and cool Sports, as well since all you need is a Skateboard.
3. Approximately 100,000 people every year require some sort of medical treatment for skateboard-related injuries. The majority of these people end up having wrists, ankle and back injuries, also a major portion of these injuries are a result of people not wearing or not using proper safety equipment like helmets and pads.
4. The Wrists are always the first to get injured whenever someone is skateboarding, because just about every fall is fought off with the hands.
5. In the beginning, Skateboarding was known as Sidewalk Surfing. This is a direct reference to surfing on the Ocean, which is considered the founding activity of Skateboarding on the ground or on concrete.
6. Nowadays, most of your Skateboard decks are simply empty Pools that are put to use, but most common or popular skateboard decks are actually made from seven separate pieces of plywood maple.
7. In Europe, Skateboarding have an illegal beginning. Because Between 1978 and 1989, skateboards were banned in Norway. And as You can guess, the reason for the prohibition of skateboards was as a result of the high number of injuries that Norwegian skateboarders suffered. And the fact that the Hospital bills were piling up, and the family members were being greatly affected, since they had to show support, lose time from work, nurse the person injured back to health...
Skateboarding... Why Do So Many Get Hurt In This Fun Sports? Well ever since this Sports started back in 1965, and even when Tony Hawk became the first one to successfully complete THE 900, People still had a hard time embracing Skateboarding as a Sports. And all because it is just too dangerous, for every move that you see someone do successfully, then You can bet that he or she has gotten hurt at least 100 times before, and if he or she can do it, then there are 100 kids or more who can't. But don't Despair, for You too can enjoy Skateboarding, and all You have to do is get the right equipment and start Slow. Dr. James Dazouloute